Started my training for the Tokyo Marathon and did a 30 minute run around the neighborhood. Felt good except for the fact I’ve been eating crap for a month for lack of a kitchen/fridge. I’ll be very happy when I’m not living off of convenience store fare, bento, and fast food. As they say, what you put into your body is what you get out of it.
Chatted with my mom while unpacking and getting my room into some semblance of order... theoretically anyway.
Headed out and met up with AV to have lunch in Kichijoji and then headed out to Shibuya to pick up the latest copy of “Metropolis”, an English magazine that tells what events are happening in Tokyo, among other things. Headed to Harajuku to show him around and also go to Meiji-jingu. Found some shirts, but I swear the Engrish fad has seriously died out... sad.
Called Kuri and her guy with the possibility of Karaoke and headed out to Wendy’s, of all places, for dinner for lack of a better option. Met up there, headed to Karaoke, sang out heads off (and did Tatakae Otaking for all of those Otaku out there) and then headed to a crazy little mexican place we’d seen earlier so the others could grab food type substance. Admittedly Fried cheese avocados look kind of odd, but just another tasty treat from the crazy Japanese. Wonder if it’ll ever catch on on the border.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment