Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sleep Deprivation feels like being drunk

Seriously. Inbetween sleeping at 5, my roommate leaving in the morning for work, and a call from my mom at 9:30 (not a bad thing in any light) I got about 4.5 hours of sleep. And try though I might, I couldn't get back to REM land. That first star to the right and straight on til morning thing only works...well... when it isn't late morning. Chatted with my mom, my friend's mom out in Cali, and my friend in HB for what added up to about 2 hours. Played a little WOW because I'm a complete nerd and then showered and headed out to meet Nabe at the station at 2:30 feeling like I was moving through cement. He apparently didn't fare much better than me in the sleep department, and by the time we both made it to the station, we wouldn't have made it to Tokyo Game Show in time to get in before they close the doors. So we did Plan B and went to go play in Akihabara instead. (Akihabara is the electronics district). Ended up exploring some of the back roads (no panty machine, alas. I swear I have seen one before out there), the main strip that most people don't stray from, and generally hung out for a few hours. We did visit the extremely scary looking Mandarake *hobby shop* which is an 8 story building completely covered in black netting. Also hit up two game centers where I got reacquainted with DDR and Nabe got to show off his UFO Catcher (ie. crane game) skills. Also found a place that sells English games (<3) so I suspect I'll be visiting there later.

Headed back to Asagaya, got Takoyaki for dinner, and then hit up Bookoff for manga and games. And now, I will go pass out and hopefully wake up in time for work tomorrow. Didn't get my 5K run in this weekend for training, so I will have to do that sometime in the next few days X_x.
Still, all in all a nice weekend. I can feel that tonight is cooler than the last few have been. Really need to get a move on and get fall/winter clothing ASAP.

No comments: