So I think I know why the Japanese woman from London doesn't move back to Tokyo. I have never met a Japanese person that is so fucking tactile. I mean, the woman keeps patting me on the back or touching mu shoulder, and admittedly it makes me kind of nervous. Being immersed in a culture that isn't tactile for a month now, it feels odd to me. Especially, when she makes me feel I can't do anything right... and then says things like, "please don't quit" or "don't feel bad".... right. Not the thing to tell a perfectionist when you've spent two days knocking her down...bitch. Thankfully she's only here for a week. Unfortunately, I have to have lunch with her tomorrow. After working from 9-8:30 today, I'm really looking forward to this weekend, where I will theoretically have time to relax... after moving. I think I know why the Japanese have so many damn national vacations now. Because the overtime would work them to death otherwise. (Makes a mental note to buy a "Death by overworking" shirt if she can find one).
On the fun side, Japanese work really hard, but take breaks during the day and have a little fun. Today was insane and I haven't quite perfected the art of 15 minute cool offs, but my coworkers took some coke, club soda, and the Japanese equivalent of what looked like smarties or mentos, and made a couple major soda fountains with them (see mentos and diet soda on youtube if you are having trouble picturing).
So apparently we won't have electricity for the first week at all. I have no idea how the hell that will work out, but I'm kind of annoyed about it as that means the first week we get nothing but cold showers. And we won't have internet until the 26th, so if I can't update at work, I'll save it at work and mass update when I can. This is assuming people actually are crazy enough to read this daily or otherwise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment