A little side-path down the deep, murky, and probably twisted paths of my thoughts. I guess midnight philosophizing is as good as anything. If you don't have the stomach to read this kind of stuff, stop here.
Life is both fleeting and an eternity all in one. It isn't worth sweating the small stuff, because ultimately it all works out in the end. Mind you, I don't generally take my own advice. I doubt this will be the first little gem I've come up with, and I don't think that will matter when I am squirming about how I messed up one way or another, or how life has thrown me one of it's inevitable curve balls (or curve grenades as it sometimes feels like). Still, when it comes down to it. Life is inevitably fatal, so I might as well enjoy what little or lot I have left and make the most of it. Hey Mom, have I finally grown up yet in the start of the summer of my life? Yeah, I don't think so either. But life is more fun if you can just not take it quite so seriously all the time. Once again, one of those little gems I'm going to have to work on accepting for myself.
Pursue your dreams. Your goals. Whether it's childhood dream or wild fancy that hits you at some random time on a slow Thursday. It's easy to forget that by coming to Japan, by living and working and making friendships and relationships... I'm living a dream. I've been given this wonderful opportunity that I've been working for for years. I'm grateful for the opportunity in a way that words can't really describe. Admittedly, I've been living dreams (and nightmares in the case of Pioneer and getting laid off etc... but even those held opportunities, friendships, and chances to grow once I got past the negative parts...I suspect Japan will be much the same in that respect) and I plan to continue to chase my dreams, make new ones, and take every opportunity that I can to grow. To change. To make my life better... and by doing so, maybe helping others in small and large ways as well. I just don't necessarily recommend running multiple marathons to prove to yourself that, "Yes. I can do it." Admittedly, I'm probably more dense than most in that particular respect. >_<
Ironically, all you can do in the end, is live. The question is, as it stands right now, are you living well? I guess ultimately, that is a matter of private opinion when it comes to one's own life. Still, I think it is something worth asking.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Your post reminds me of this quote I found recently:
"Never take life seriously. No one gets out alive anyway." So true and I thought it was a humorous way of putting it. I always have a serious out look on life as well, something I need to fix !
Actually, that's one of my favorites.
Post a Comment