It's interesting to come in to work, and find that the man that I've been working under for a week isn't in fact my boss... and that the president of the company is the one I report to......... yeah. So my boss (Honda) assigns me to read a ton of scripts from an Anime series they are doing (actually about 3) and to report back to him with each set I complete. I got through 3/10 of the first series. At least my Japanese reading hasn't gotten as rusty as my pathetic speech abilities. OH and had some adventures with answering the phone at work. I had two different people in the last 2 days tell me that I should start answering the phone along with the rest of the office (usually it's a who can get to the phone first kind of thing). Answering as a rep for the company has had me scared witless, but with two people telling me, it means that it's been noticed, remarked on, and probably gossiped about until it's in my permanent record, so I bit the bullet and answered the phone today... a couple times. One went well.... one not so well. But I'll keep trying.
Left work a little early (and by early I mean like 6) to go celebrate Diana's 21st Bday out in Shibuya in style. My boss invited me off the cuff to go drinking with "a guest" at like 5:45 and I winced to turn him down saying it was my friend's birthday (ruining potential chances for advancement as the rumor goes) but this was worth turning it down for. Met Diana, Alex, and Ayumi at Hachiko (yes the dog statue) in Shibuya and we walked to this macabre jail themed All You Can Eat restaurant called "Alcatraz". We were given a special show by the "Doctor" checking out "What was wrong" with Diana and were escorted to our own little dining cell, complete with Japanese style table, Bars, and a cudgel with which to beat the bars with when ready to order (the waiters and waitresses were dressed like nurses). We promptly stuffed ourselves with such "prison fare" as steak, chicken, pizza, weird lettuce-chicken-egg salad thingies, and GIANT croquette (or korokke as they call it here). The establishment then did their hourly show where they kill the lights and do a special skit. In this one, they had the DJ come out and get the entire establishment... guests and staff ... sing Happy Birthday to Diana. We even got this giant cake with honest-to-god sparklers on it. Rather spectacular. At the 3,000yen price, it was well worth it.
In terms of housing, I think I managed to get to a point where I can get enough money by tomorrow. I have to find a Sumitomo-Mitsui in the vicinity of either my work or the ward office, but with the final 70,000 from the bank (I can actually take it out of my TokyMits account if I get desperate) and 40,ooo from the ATM (after 4) I'll actually have enough to pay for the initial down payment. Who would have thought!
Tomorrow promises to be a heck of a schedule. I have to get to the Shinagawa Ward Office in Oimachi to go finally pick up my Alien Reg card. Get my butt to work to fax it to the Realtor. Get to a bank either prior to or sometime during my working hours to get money out of the bank. Have lunch with a coworker who was nice enough to invite me to do so. Get to 7/11 or a post office after 4P to get money out of the ATM. And then get my butt to Kichijoji to go in to the Realtor to pay and do contract related stuff around 8P or so. An oh yes... work a full day in there somewhere. Can we have 36 hour days please?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment