A pretty low key day. Made Diana and Alex "Honest to God, Down Home American, Grilled Cheese" Sandwiches while showing them Ponyo... both of which they seemed to enjoy.
Had some fun adventures trying to access my American Bank Account and found out we can only withdrawl 40K JPY ($400)/24 hours here... and only from certain convenience stores or post offices..... So I'm going to spend the next couple of days pulling money out of there so that I'll have enough for rent whenever it kicks in. I only hope my bank doesn't throw a hissy fit. I'll call them Monday to make sure they know I'll be in Japan for a while. Anyone know how to transfer cash directly from an American bank to a Japanese one? That kind of info would be really, really helpful at the moment.
Puttered around Harajuku and found many special Engrish shirts. I plan on bringing my camera next time to take pictures. Karaoke, Jonathans for dinner after (they changed their menu, so most of what I like isn't on there at the moment ><), and then hitting up "Kiddieland" which is the local mascot store... that apparently sells sour cream and onion chips *dies of happiness*.
Back to Gotanda to snack on Australian chocolate and chips... yeah I get to go running tomorrow, while watching yet another movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes; when Diana did her high-school exchange program, I funded her Japanese bank account via an international wire transfer from my US-based Bank of America account.
Back when I did it, there was a relatively lengthy form that I had to fill out and turn in at my bank. But now, if you've got Bank of America, it should be possible to do all of this through their Online Banking web site.
Go to Transfers, pick Outside The Bank, chose International transfers and Personal accounts, and click to get started. The Quick Help sidebar on the next screen summarizes the procedure and information you'll need (mainly your Japanese bank's name, bank number, and your Japanese account's number).
If you already have a SafePass smart card from Bank of America, then you're golden. If you don't, then the amount of money you can transfer at one time via Online Banking might be limited for security reasons.
Post a Comment