So despite our success with two options for housing yesterday, my housemate and I decided to give it one more day. There is a specific train line she wanted to be on, and so we gave it one last shot... and came up with two excellent options for apartments...one of which being a 2 story half of a duplex. Both of which didn't exceed our 120,000Yen budget. So we settled on the apartment we looked at (the duplex was a bit too dark being placed in a bad spot for sunlight) that is something stupid like an 18 minute walk from the station. I don't like the neighborhood as much as I did the two places we looked yesterday, but the 20-30,000 Yen (that's 200-300 USD ) less per month on rent is hard to argue with. Plus, the apartment is more or less exactly what we are looking for, with all flooring (not tatami), kitchen, relatively new, etc etc. If nothing else, I'll be in really great shape biking to and from the station.
Went to Softbank to drop off my rental cell, and decided to wait to get my cell when I get my bank card. Though apparently a lot revolves around me getting the Alien Registration card (apartment, phone, bank account, etc) which is insane when you take into account that the card itself takes two weeks to make. I'll be really relieved when I can stop carrying my passport and this damn piece of paper they gave me in place of the ARcard.
Dinner with a friend and her BF in Shibuya was fun. The hamburg place (Hamburg = bastard version of hamburger with meatloaf. Pretty tasty) was great. Was also able to finally find a local 96 yen (as opposed to 100 yen) shop to pick up household items and $3.50 laundry detergent. Yay laundry!
First day of work tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment