Anyone else notice that the Japanese find the LEAST LITTLE EXCUSE to isolate foreigners? The recent Swine Flu scare for example. I've had to run around and have been in Tokyo for something like 3 weeks. And in that time I've had about 10 percent of the people I sit down next to (or next to me) suddenly put on a sick-mask. Normally I'd say, ok maybe they are being polite... but when I see them walking around without it in the station, I have to wonder >_<. Considering most of the foreigners here do NOT have S-Flu, "Dear Japan. Please stop treating me like the heathen plague carrier that I am...not. A plague carrier that is."
Got to do a massive rush translation for the London office, and no matter how you try, literal Japanese - English translations... aren't. It's Japanglish! Spent a couple of fun hours trying to fix the proposal and got a break when the Producer (YG) needed someone to run to this tiiiiny little partner of ours out in Sendagaya that offices in... an apartment building. Which means I spent 30 minutes really, really confused until I broke down and called them. Also had to run to Aki-ba to pick up an external HD for the office, and was reminded why Japan is NOT the place to come if you hate giant tsunami-sized waves of people. Still wasn't so bad, though Aki-ba isn't really the place to go to sanity. For that I need to hit up a cat cafe which sounds like the best thing since sliced bread! Anyone want to go on an adventure finding one? Must. Pet. Kittenz!
FINALLY got a bank card, or will have one. A happy little "you had a delivery notice" was in my mailbox from my second account. Which means I can go get a phone tomorrow. Yay finally!
Was reminded why J-drama both amuses and scares me. It has a gang fight between Thai and chinese mafia in a restaurant alley one minute, with a Japanese woman dressing them down in three different languages... only to go into the restaurant and eat ramen calmly sitting next to tired business men. Di, it's on chan4 Fri at 9, though I have no idea which channel that is. You should really watch it. Has something about "Tomodachi land" with that weird hand eye symbol we saw in Shibuya.
Have to work Sunday to help my Korean coworker translate something due Monday (suck), but also get the key to the apartment that day (huzzah!).
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
おめでとう!Japanese phones are SO advanced and so pretty...I fell in love with all of them when I last visited! I heard they're selling the IPhone for about 5,000 yen now, you should find that deal!
Post a Comment