Monday, November 30, 2009

Faretheewell Ramen

So I am pretty thoroughly convinced that Fred is not a normal cactus. Far more likely is that Fred is possibly plastic. I can't really tell. Between extreme temperatures and being in my not so tender mercies for more than a month, beyond all odds the cactus is still alive and well. Still prickly as ever, but hey, he is a cactus.

Aaron heads back to the States day after tomorrow, and we got together at Asagaya to have some of the thickest ramen I've ever seen. I mean, I stopped eating and the oil and grease started to congeal into not so much a skin... rather more like rhinoceros hide.... Great for guys, but definitely clued me into why I was the only female in the place. Had some great music ensembles such as "It's Raining Men" and "Nine to Five". That second is especially ironic as my boss called from Singapore to ask me to call London to try to get this contract that I'm negotiating done. I is hard for me to bite my tongue and ask my help, but it is really at a point where I'm chasing the company all I can without annoying the absolute hell out of the guy I am dealing with. Makes me look somewhat incompetent, but I can only do so much at this point.

I admit, it was a bittersweet goodbye. I'm a little jealous that he gets to go back, but at the same time, I'm starting new here, so there are more adventures to be had. That is, if little Californian me doesn't freeze in the winter first. Next on the list of stuff to get is winter running gear. Summer just won't cut it.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I haven't been following your blog as much lately but still seems like you're enjoying life! Good :) I understand the 'bittersweet" good bye. In fact, that's the exact same way I felt when you took off for Japan (maybe x10000).

I'm in Japan 12/23-1/6 (Vietnam 12/28-1/2) let me know if you can get together :)