So while we had planned to be up early to head out to Kawaguchiko to see mount Fujii.... we ended up getting a 10am start. This heralded an absolute Quest to get the kawaguchiko before dark. In between poor timing and sparse trains, we finally rolled into town about 2:30... an hour and a half before dark... next time I'm picking up bullet train tickets.
Being totally clueless, we finally hopped a bus and, with some help from a random, quirky Japanese couple sitting behind us, decided to hit the Fall Leaves Light Up festival being held on the lake. Mt. Fuji was gorgeous if a bit cloud covered by the time sunset hit, but we did get such delicacies as "wild boar" soup. Also found these crazy mini mt Fuji's to take back to work for "souvenirs". Wish we'd had a full day to spend there, but now I know. Was not NEARLY as cold as I expected.
I did spring for the rapid train on the way back, and we made much better time coming home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment