I have officially accomplished my entire reason for being. I have corrupted the youth of Japan. Ended up with a fuller day than I was expecting when I had the Yomikikase (reading books in english to little kids) almost back to back with seeing 2012 with some coworkers.
The kids seemed to enjoy it... maybe? Goodnight moon is not the most riveting of books, but they seemed to like Brown Bear Brown Bear and Very Hungry Caterpillar. We had better success with the kids participation when we asked the parents to join in. I was surprised when Kuri came to watch, and doing random horse neighing noises at a room of 10 adults and about as many kids is an experience I'm not sure I can repeat again. Still, it was fun, albeit nerveracking. Though it is hard to deal with know-it-all kids too. I just happened to get two of them.
2012 was disturbing in the fact that the places they happened to pick getting destroyed on big screen were places I had been to and or lived in. The movie is NOT worth paying $20 for... but $13? Sure. Luckily, working in an entertainment company meant that Manami, Fang, and I got ours for free. Oh and Krispy Kreme taste the same in Japan, for those who are curious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment