Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Adventures in Voice Acting

So had a particulary interesting adventure today. The script I was translating for work is being used as a flash animation, and they pulled me to be one of the voice actors.

Keep in mind, this is the script where I was translating words I don't usually use everyday and wanted to wash my mind out with soap afterwards.

So between me, the two really chill american guys who have live here for longer than I have been alive, and the French gent from my work... we recorded a monstrosity that I don't think I can actually show anyone for fear of making their ears smoke.

I mean literally... my one line part turned into a 10 minute rant of some of the most profane hick vocabulary I could think of...in fact I was drained after a minute and had to get help from the guys. Needless to say, I was using language I would prefer my mother not know I knew... so the joke is we were making a film that we can't show our parents or children. Maybe I can use a pen name?

No comments: