Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Those Crazy Co-workers

So if I needed any proof that my coworkers are absolutely insane, today just about does it. So I got a message from one coworker at about 330A this morning claiming that she was out with two other coworkers drinking. Given what (Y) looked like when he came in around 10:30, I'm inclined to believe it. Ironically, the two women he was supposedly with seemed to be fine, though I now know why he claimed one of them to be "とんでもない". Y was so hung over, he actually went home after an hour or two to sleep it off. And he isn't a small guy. Needless to say, the two women are considerably smaller, so secretly I'm a little impressed.

SLOW work day which consisted of me finally finding something substantial to do inadvertently around 5. Apparently it was for the other 10 of us that happened to be at work today, and so someone hatched a plot to make takoyaki (octopus dumplings) at work. Yes, I said AT work, During work hours. It was like 230 so I don't even know if that qualifies as lunch break. But like 6 of us were happily making the damn things with the blessing of the Exec. Producer (who is in charge when the boss is out of office). So needless to say it was a somewhat surreal experience, though fun. And as it was explained to me, the office is small and has, as the Japanese put it, a "my home" atmosphere, so something like that is more common than I may guess. Maybe I'll bring in Taco makings next time....

Met up with Rebecca who is out visiting from the states. We met across from Pioneer in Meguro with FuruKa and Steve, also old pioneer co-workers. Wajin, the sushi place we went to was really good, though my budget won't be able to handle that again for a bit.

No comments: