Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Japanese Hours

So thank goodness after a final stint this morning, I seem to be better for the most part (knock on wood). Probably a good thing since I worked what I've come to not-so-fondly know as the Japanese Workday. To give you an idea as to what that means, I left the house at 8 this morning... and got home now. So I now know why people aren't lining up to work in Japan. Anyone know if there is a policy on max amount of 残業(OT)/month you are supposed to work if you are salaried? I may not be near it but sometimes I wonder.

On the plus side, it was an ok day except for the woman in the London office consistantly pissing me off. Still, she had a valid point or two and so I need to be careful not to give her something to gripe at me about next time. Especially when she does it somewhat... dramatically. On the plus side, I've quickly learned to stop stressing about it. It just makes me mad. Probably just multi-culture clash.

Typhoon tomorrow and it's supposed to be a strong one hitting around the same time as the morning commute. So I'm seriously debating trying to go in earlier or later. Pity they won't cancel work like they do the schools. C'est la vie. Memories of other Typhoons: "Why is it raining horizontally?!" "I don't know! Why does the rain hurt?!?! Dammit there goes ANOTHER umbrella!"

For your amusement, this is a couple of stores in Harajuku... and they probably have the best combination of Engrish names to date... especially being right next to each other. I am sure the chortling didn't help the Japanese impression of foreigners, but this was too good to resist.

No comments: