Saturday, October 3, 2009

I think I'm turning Japanese

After working 9-7 straight while eating lunch at my desk, I found out that attending the premier of the movie we are releasing tomorrow, robogeisha, is not optional. Or, I should put it that it is optional but "highly recommended" that I show up if not actually watch the movie. So had to scratch my plans to meet up with my friend in Oji.

So I shot myself in the foot. I suggested going to Karaoke to some coworkers earlier this week. 2 hopped on the bandwagon and a third at the last second. We were all starving so went to a local izakaya to eat relatively unidentifiable pieces of meat, veges, and really good dashi soup stock. I didn't reckon on the amount of time and it was 9:30 by the time we finished. Off to Shinjuku for karaoke with Nami and Okappi as people call him and both blew me away by singing enka in turn. I really need to learn it. Di I wrote down the names of the songs and the artists for ya.

Catching the last train home just before midnight was surreal, and if anything more packed than the morning train. I walked home only because other females were doing the same most of the way, and I had an umbrella in my hand that offers a nice rape deterrent. I don't think I've been more glad that Japan has a relatively low crime rate.

I DID manage to get my train pass (6 mo) this morning. Had trouble at Ogikubo, gave up, realized my mistake enroute, and bought it once I got to Ebisu. So freaking convenient since you can scan them now rather than having to shove them through the ticket slot each time.

No comments: