Woke up fine this morning except that it was freezing (and by freezing I mean 17C compared to the 21-24C we've been having for a few weeks). Figured I'd have a normal day... until LBM hit me just before work... don't ask. You really don't want details. So ended up figuring it was just something I ate last night and headed out into the freezing rain and managed to catch the local bus to the station. It wasn't until my change over at Shinjuku when the nausea hit me. And I just managed to get off at Shibuya as I felt myself go pale and clammy. Dry wretched for a minute, got my stomach back (I think I left it somewhere in Nakano) and waited a good 10 minutes for the next train.
Felt ok getting to work, though I ended up passing up the meat bun I had bought for breakfast in favor of water and juice. Day was uneventful except for LBM and kidney/back pain near the end of the day, with a possible light fever. Anyone care to hazard a guess what I caught? I'm thinking food poisoning or the flu, but we'll see. I messaged a friend to cancel dinner, headed home, and I seem to be relatively ok thus far. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Need to pick up the "sick" mask people are wearing around here. If nothing else, it'll help in the packed train when I'm commuting to and from work.
Oh! And somehow Fred is still alive! I'll post pictures of him this weekend for you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
aww that sounds horrible! I hope you're feeling better. I can't begin to guess what would cause nausea AND kidney/back pain...perhaps its the stomach flu. But if so, you wouldn't be able to hold water down either (I've had it once before...not fun).
For the stomach flu, sucking on ice cube works to keep yourself hydrated!
Post a Comment