We got hit by the Typhoon last night, and the wind was blowing beneath my metal shutters and through cracks where my window doesn't necessarily seal that tight. Considering the strength of the winds this morning, especially when heading out to the station (bad enough that, even though it looked like a beautifully sunny morning) I hopped a bus to work. In retrospect, I wish I walked, because the JR lines in its entirety suspended operations due to "High Winds" from the Typhoon. Apparently this one is the strongest one in something stupid like 40 years, so I am glad it hit Tokyo late at night. So I waited in the more or less packed station for the Chuo-line to start moving for about 1hr and a half while making phonecalls to work letting them know that I was in limbo for an indeterminate amount of time and then texting friends to let THEM know the lines were stopped (most knew)... asking one of the station workers if the subway line was still running... (he said it wasn't). When I noticed the platform was becoming mostly empty, I asked another station guy and he said the Marunouchi line was, in fact, running. DAH! So I grabbed a ticket voucher from a station guy and hi-tailed it the long way around *IE a complete f'ing circle underneath Tokyo* to get to work... and got there two hours late. Luckily, most people took the day off or came in in the afternoon. In fact, the president apparently walked from Gotanda to Ebisu (I have no clue where the guy lives) and arrived there after I did. Made for a looooong day at work, but managed to get some stuff done. It was hard to be inside. The day was absolutely GORGEOUS. Even sat outside with my co-worker Rin chatting for a while and she told me that Shinjuku this morning was an absolute nightmare. Imagine for a second... the hell of a station that connects over 14 different platforms, with a train every 30 seconds. Serving the bulk of Tokyo... at a complete dead standstill.......
Met up with Kuri in Shibuya after puttering around in Shibuya for a bit and went to Ootoya (added yet another point card to the stack. I do believe this country breeds them) for dinner. Also managed to find the Uni-qlo much to my surprise (they were closed). Need to get Jacket and warmer clothing for upcoming season... but must get TV too! DAH
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment